March 01, 2007

A Game Of Kings (And Ducks)

At first, I thought I was seeing things. I rubbed my eyes, nothing had changed. I refreshed the page, nothing had changed. I checked the calendar, and unless Canadians operate a month ahead of everyone else, it was legitimate. Finally, finally I was going to be in a position where the National Hockey League was sending teams over to do battle in the bigger one of the London brothers and I could witness it. Finally, I was going to get the opportunity to watch and appreciate fully the intricacies of a hockey game, to dissect the great plays that made the goals happen, to wince at the bruising checks, to egg on the pugilists as they dropped the gloves to do the two-fisted tango. Come hell or high water, I will be at the O2 arena on September 29th when the Los Angeles Kings and the Anaheim Ducks come into my house.

There's more than half a year to go and I'm already retardedly excited. Just imagine how hyped-up I'll be when the month rolls around. Now, I'm off to pray that the Kings and the Ducks actually bring their proper rosters.

No comments: